The AIM Master's Degree Program offers a unique and innovative approach to information technology education. The emphasis on management makes AIM a powerful option for mid-career professionals in a variety of ways. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Our focus is information management. Because information managersí duties today cross all areas of technology, people, products, and services, AIM maintains a divergent, multidisciplinary scope that works toward, rather than from, theory. Further, it draws upon the expertise of faculty members in a variety of traditional academic departments and professional settings.
- AIM teaches information management from business, management, and information design points of reference. This way, graduates acquire a holistic view and come away with a distinct advantage in the work world.
- We not only consult industry leaders and educators when devising our curriculum, but our students and alumni, as well. It's all part of our applied, interactive approach, which results in a highly productive learning environment.
- The AIM Program encourages and welcomes applicants from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds. In AIM courses, engineers, designers, accountants, trainers, managers, and software developers (to name a few) have a chance to work with one another, providing an exceptional opportunity for communication across professional boundaries.
- AIM provides an education tailored to your needs and interests by offering a set of core courses supplemented by short, topical courses. Core courses provide a foundation in information management while short courses further develop those concepts as well as explore the latest trends and technologies.
- AIM goes well beyond theory by teaching students to use information tools in the initial orientation course. Students explore tools that facilitate team projects and group communication and build collaborative skills throughout the program.